700 Second Time Around

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

700 Second Time Around

by ElmoTheElk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:46 pm
First Test: 620

Second Test, 1 year later:
Quantitative: 48
Verbal: 39

I want to thank the makers and contributers of this website, I used you guys as a gauge for my study habits, and because of the site, I got the MGMAT tests which I think greatly contributed to my improvement.

The funny thing, 700 has always been my goal, and now that I have reached it, I think I can do better. I'm almost tempted to give it a third shot, but I am reluctant to go through all that again.

Thanks Beatthegmat!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:590

Re: 700 Second Time Around

by rajibgmat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 pm
ElmoTheElk wrote:First Test: 620

I want to thank the makers and contributers of this website, I used you guys as a gauge for my study habits, and because of the site, I got the MGMAT tests which I think greatly contributed to my improvement.

The funny thing, 700 has always been my goal, and now that I have reached it, I think I can do better. I'm almost tempted to give it a third shot, but I am reluctant to go through all that again.

Thanks Beatthegmat!
Dude,

Can you tell me more about the MGMAT tests? Are they worth taking ?
I am gonna get u my love(GMAT)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by canuckclint » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:57 pm
rajibgmat wrote:

Thanks Beatthegmat!
Dude,

The MGMAT is so worthwhile. It is harder than GMAT but trains you well.
I improved my score by 100 points cuz of MGMAT.

by dpu_bansal83 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:27 am
Please put some light on how can I obtain MGMAT

GMAT Score:720

by mjjking » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:26 am
Just buy them on www.manhattangmat.com
Beat The GMAT - 1st priority
Enter a top MBA program - 2nd priority
Loving my wife: MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!

REAL THING 1 (AUG 2007): 680 (Q43, V40)
REAL THING 2 (APR 2009): 720 (Q47, V41)

by snowy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:11 pm
Do you buy the actual MGMAT books or just the online tests? I'm confused with all the books out there, what materials I really need to buy

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by tripathimani » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:08 am
Buy all of them or just the subject areas in which you are weak. Their word translations, Number properties, VIC's and Sentence correction are specially good.

You can also join their 9 week course depending where you are in your preparation and your score.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:590

by rajibgmat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:49 am
snowy wrote:Do you buy the actual MGMAT books or just the online tests? I'm confused with all the books out there, what materials I really need to buy
You can buy just one of the 8 strategy books from MGMAT site only and you will get access to 6 online CATs for a year. What I did is bought the Sentence Correction book from Barnes and Nobles(online only) for a price of 26 change(including shipping) and got the 6 CATs plus additional 25 SC(online) free. So I found the deal sweet.

Additionally, CATs are awesome.
I am gonna get u my love(GMAT)

Followed by:1 members

by BlindVision » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 pm
rajibgmat wrote:

Thanks Beatthegmat!
Dude,

rajibgmat... how did you become from being clueless about the MGMAT tests, and then giving experienced feedback on it, later? I noticed a difference in the equation.lol... :D

Followed by:1 members

by BlindVision » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm
rajibgmat wrote:
snowy wrote:Do you buy the actual MGMAT books or just the online tests? I'm confused with all the books out there, what materials I really need to buy
You can buy just one of the 8 strategy books from MGMAT site only and you will get access to 6 online CATs for a year. What I did is bought the Sentence Correction book from Barnes and Nobles(online only) for a price of 26 change(including shipping) and got the 6 CATs plus additional 25 SC(online) free. So I found the deal sweet.

Additionally, CATs are awesome.
I hope you make a "genuine" effort...