20 days before the big day...Please help!

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
I have booked my date for the GMAT...28th of May...Now I have 20 days to go...I want to leave no stone unturned...I want to know the strategies I should adopt

My problem areas are SC and to an extent DS...I have also not taken full-length tests(I tend to skip the AWA section)....How many minimum tests should I take...I have a 5-day work week...

What should be the strategies?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue May 08, 2007 12:33 pm
First thing: take a full-length test. You need to see how you'll do under real test conditions. Use that test to diagnose your strengths and weaknesses (and go beyond just "SC is a weakness" - which specific grammar rules are tripping you up? Then you can ask more targeted questions on the forum. It's too hard for someone to give you a strategy for SC in general - that's a 5-hour lesson, minimum!).

Generally, I recommend a test only once every 2-3 weeks, though people who are very worried about stamina or nerves may take them more often to build up stamina / try to reduce nerves.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me