by Jimat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 pm
Guys,

Please help me with this CR question.
Attachments
Parasitic Wasp.jpg

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

My opinion

by gmat8000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:34 am
In any problems that require you to draw a conclusion, you are only supposed to use the information provided in the passage to draw a conclusion, nothing more.

A) Read the first sentence. It says that parasitic wasps lay their eggs in EXACTLY THE RIGHT NUMBER. Although worded somewhat awkwardly, this choice is a possibility so I would leave it open.
B) The passage does not mention anything about a host's defenses. Eliminate.
C) The passage does not mention anything about experience. Eliminate.
D) The passage does not mention anything about time. Eliminate.
E) The passage does not mention anything about clues. Eliminate.

This is how I would get to A. CR is a real pain in the ass sometimes b/c the correct answer choice may be difficult to decipher. Sometimes one of the choices may seem like the right answer, but if you examine it closely and it's questionable then it's probably incorrect. Hope this helps.

My opinion

by gmat8000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:35 am
In any problems that require you to draw a conclusion, you are only supposed to use the information provided in the passage to draw a conclusion, nothing more.

A) Read the first sentence. It says that parasitic wasps lay their eggs in EXACTLY THE RIGHT NUMBER. Although worded somewhat awkwardly, this choice is a possibility so I would leave it open.
B) The passage does not mention anything about a host's defenses. Eliminate.
C) The passage does not mention anything about experience. Eliminate.
D) The passage does not mention anything about time. Eliminate.
E) The passage does not mention anything about clues. Eliminate.

This is how I would get to A. CR is a real pain in the ass sometimes b/c the correct answer choice may be difficult to decipher. Sometimes one of the choices may seem like the right answer, but if you examine it closely and it's questionable then it's probably incorrect. Hope this helps.

by HarvardDreamin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:00 am
Thanks for the answer but does anyone else have an opinion as I also got this question wrong.
ON MY WAY TO HBS......

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Re: My opinion

by Spring2009 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:41 am
gmat8000 wrote:In any problems that require you to draw a conclusion, you are only supposed to use the information provided in the passage to draw a conclusion, nothing more.

I don't get it.
The argument says that the parasitic wasps lay their eggs in exact number of the host eggs.
But option A says the size of the host egg can be determined from the wasp’s egg-laying behavior, that means the wasp determined how many egg the host will lay, this contradicts the argument.
One more thing, I don't get the word "smallest" in A. What is it for?
Thanks.