Absolutely Essential GMAT Study Materials

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Absolutely Essential GMAT Study Materials

by analytchem » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:18 pm
So there are a million different prep guides, cds, notes, etc. I have read many post and everyone seems to being using different materials. Some post are over a year old or more and hence dated material. So my question is:

As of today, April 26, 2007, what would you consider to be the most essential compilation of prep/study materials? In other words, what are the creme of the crop prep materials for the each of the various test subjects? (Also, if avaliabe please post links to materials)

e.g. Manhatten Reading Comprehension, Official Guide Prep Test, Spidey Sentence Correction, etc

Note: Keep in mind, not everyone know all the material abbreviations.

Community Manager
Followed by:3 members

by isisalaska » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:15 pm
For sentence correction Manhattan, THE VERY BEST! the "bible" of the SC GMAT
Isis Alaska

Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

GMAT prep guides

by GCHall840 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 pm
I am taking the Manhattan GMAT course. So, I think that their 5 math and 2 verbal strategy guides are great. You can also purchase their online practice sets and their online computer adaptive test bank for a fee. You don't have to be enrolled in one of their courses to purchase them. You can order all of those items from Manhattan GMAT at manhattangmat.com. Their strategy guides are also available at Border's Bookstores. I would check with Border's to be sure that they are still selling them, too.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by fsar45 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:23 pm
Best overall strategy: Princeton Review
Best practice questions: Official Guide, 11th edition
Best tests: GMATPrep and Princeton Review

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 pm
At the least, must have OG 11th edition. Also verbal and quant OG supplements and the GMATPrep software. Everyone should study from the official stuff.

I'll leave it at that since I obviously have a conflict of interest. :)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by analytchem » Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 pm
It seems the Kaplan 800 is a good supplementary book to the Official Guide GMAT Review, Quantitative and Verbal books.

First, If you all the Manhattan and Official Guide books, would you still recommend the Kaplan 800 book in addition?

Secondly, Kaplan 800 2007-2008 edition was just released is there any major improvements from the 2006-2007 edition? (I know many people complained about the quant section of this book)

Thanks