Please evaulate my profile...

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaulate my profile...

by Mayanks2586 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:46 am
Hi,

Would request to give me your honest opinion and advice.

M 22, From India. Working with a Software Development company as Software Engineer since 2 Years. Can justify my leadership skills and career profession very well.

Bachelor's - B.Tech(Information Technology) - 75%
10+2 School - 82%

Projected GMAT - 670 (48 Quant, 34 Verbal)
Toefl - 100

Program - IB, Info Systems or Finance.

Schools:

UCLA
Tippie
Yale
INSEAD
WHARTON
Boston

I started my career as a trainee with the same company. Got a team of 4 working under me after 4 months of joining. Successfully delivered the project. Now working on 2 projects simultaneously, one for a client in US and other project of my own(4 people working me) for which I am directly reporting to the VP). Expecting an award of excellence in March 09.

Extra Curricular:
1) University level Award for Best Programmer
2) Received an award for taking part in Dramatics.
3) Was the member of Dramatic Society of the college.
4) Helping 3 children, financially by providing them education, food and healthcare facilities.
5) Associated with https://IndianBloodDonors.com, regular blood donor.
6) Contributing money for the marriage of the daughter of our maid.

Thanks Again.... :)

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 am
Hi M,
Thanks for your post. As you probably know from this forum - as an Indian applicant, you are in one of the most competitive applicant pools and therefore its hard to access your chances of admissions.

That said, overall, I think you are fairly young for many of the top schools listed below. Most schools look for 3-5 years of expereince.

Also, your GMAT score is on the lower end of your applicant pools (Indian applicants). If you havent taken the GMAT, shoot for at least 700 if you are targeting a Top25 MBA program. If you have taken the GMAT, consider retaking (again, if you are aiming for a Top25 program).

** I would consider applying in another year (next year or year after). That way you can get more experience and also better position yourself for the admissions process (get a higher GMAT score, applying in the first round, research schools, etc).

Regards,

N
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep