Hi !!

Could you please evaluate my profile.

Profile Details:-

GMAT: Male
Nationality: Indian

Education:-

Bachelors of Engineering (Computer Engineering): First Division
GPA:- 4.0
Ranked 2nd in the class considering average of all the semesters of graduation.
Had 6 months training in Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) as a part of university curriculam (Only top 2 students get this opportunity).

Work Experience:
3 years of IT experience in Infosys Technologies Limited.
3 months of experience working in US on client location.
Awarded Excellecy award for the maintaince project at Infosys.

Extracurricular Activities:-
Participated in all the dance activities during my college as well as in my present company.
Reiki Healer (1st stage completed)
Painting (Participated in national painting competion)
Attented Art of living sessions (Yoga and pranayam)
Did some social activites in my home town (donated money in Blind men association)
Trekking at various locations.

GMAT: - 650 (Planning to give second time in another 15 days- targeting above 700)
Applying for R2
Target B-schools:-

CMU :- Tepper School of Business
Kellog:- Kellogg School of Management
Harvard:- Harvard Business School
MIT Sloan School of Management
NYU- Stern
Stanford- GSB

What are the chances of getting admission in these B-schools ?
What is the most important thing that the admission committee is looking for in the application?
What are the option for getting loan and scholarship?
For preparing the application essays whether i should join a counsellor or should i prepare it on my own is it require to have a professional touch ?
It will be really helpful if you can provide me with these details.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parth

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm
Parth/Sparsh.21,

Thanks for your note. You clearly have several strengths. First, you have have very strong college grades (4.0 gpa/2nd in class). Second, you have 3 years of great work experience at Infosys, a top IT firm. Third, you have nice nice range of artistic hobbies - ranging from dancing to painting (most IT consultants don't have a lot of artistic interests).

Having said this, you should be aware that there are a lot of highly qualified Indian IT consultants who apply to the top business schools, so you will need to work hard to stand out. Your artistic hobbies will help you to stand out. In addition you can carefully pick your career goals so that you stand out as well (you didn't mention your goals, so I can't comment on them). Furthermore, you can point to ways in which you have distinguished yourself at work - working on interesting projects, demonstrating your leadership experience, etc. (And you will need to retake your GMAT and get a 700+ score to be in the running at top schools.)

Thus, your chances of gaining admission to top business schools will be directly related to your ability to stand out from other highly qualified Indian IT applicants. In addition to having a great message, you will need to complete a strong application which clearly conveys this message. (An admissions consultant can advise you with this.) Finally, you should assume that you will need to finance your business school education with loans because it is very difficult to get scholarships for business school.

Sincerely,

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by sparsh.21 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:54 pm
Thanks for the response !!
I will definetly work on the things that you have mentioned in the reply and will create my profile as good as poosible.

Regards
parth