GMAT Score for University of Michigan Ross MBA
The University of Michigan Ross School of Business is a top ranked establishment that offers five MBAs, each geared towards students in various levels of their careers. In this post, we’ll be discussing their most popular degree—the full-time MBA—including information on the curriculum, application process, and the average University of Michigan GMAT score needed for this esteemed program.
University of Michigan MBA Curriculum
First year University of Michigan MBA students will commence their studies by focusing on a core curriculum based upon accounting, economics, statistics, strategy, management, marketing, and leadership courses.
At the end of year one, Ross students will undertake the signature Multidisciplinary Action Project (MAP). During the MAP, teams of students will work together for seven weeks to solve a specific problem at a nonprofit, corporation, or public organization. At the end of the class, teams will present their ideas to the executives of the selected company.
Second year students will focus on elective courses, allowing for career specializations in areas like social enterprise, real estate, healthcare, entrepreneurial management, or environmentally sustainable business.
During their final term, students are encouraged to spend a full semester or half-semester studying abroad at partner schools in Europe, South America, or China.
After completing the MBA program, 98% of Ross graduates receive a job offer within three months.
University of Michigan MBA Application Process
The Ross Business School accepts applications in three rounds throughout the year. Exact dates vary year to year, but the Round 1 deadline is typically in early October, Round 2 in early January, and Round 3 in mid-March.
Applicants are expected to complete the following steps:
- Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required)
- Submit GMAT or GRE scores
- Submit a current resume that reflects your professional working experience
- Write two required essays (both up to 300 words) and an optional statement
- Submit one letter of recommendation (preferably from a current or former manager)
- Complete an interview (either on campus or with a Ross alum off-site)
- Participate in an optional team exercise
- If applicable, submit a TOEFL score of 100 or higher, or a PTE score of 70 or higher. International students with degrees from accredited institutions where the sole language of instruction is English are exempt.
- Pay a $200 application fee (waived for current/former US military members, and those who have served in the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or Teach for America within the past three years)
Ross School of Business Rankings
The internationally acclaimed Ross School consistently ranks in the top 15 U.S. programs, and top 25 international programs. See selected rankings below:
University of Michigan MBA U.S. Rankings
University of Michigan MBA International Rankings
- The Economist 12th
University of Michigan GMAT Score and Stats
The average University of Michigan GMAT score for MBA students is 716. The range for the middle 80% is 670-760. The average GPA is 3.5.
The student cohort itself has a graduating class size of about 422. Admitted students have, on average, 5 years of work experience. Annual tuition is about $62,300 for Michigan residents, and $67,300 for non-residents.
With the Ross School’s acceptance rate of 25% is higher than almost all other American business schools ranked within the top 20 programs. Nevertheless, you’ll want to optimize your application to enhance your chances of acceptance.
If you’re determined to take the GMAT, you can begin the process by following these four simple steps:
- Start by taking one of our GMAT Diagnostic Exams.
- Decide how much time you need to study—3 months is usually ideal.
- Pick a location, choose a date, and register for your exam on MBA.com.
- Start studying with Magoosh!