Thursdays With Ron: Reading Comprehension – Finding the Point of the Passage:
Every other Thursday, our instructor Ron Purewal (known on the Beat the GMAT forums as lunarpower) hosts a free study hall session, called Thursdays with Ron, where anyone can submit questions ahead of time and attend. Ron chooses a few themes from the questions he gets and goes over strategies for them.
Here’s an outline of what Ron covers, with the minute markers. Make sure to watch the video, though, so that you’re able to follow along!
- 1:48 – A quick example passage: Ron writes a passage about his brother to explain his point
- 2:36 – The point is not just to list the facts written in the passage
- 3:03 – The point is the correlation of these facts
- 4:05 – Because this is a real life example, some points that are good to remember in reading comprehension are expressed more clearly.
- 5:20 – Ron talks about using real world common sense for the GMAT
If you want to view recordings of past Thursdays with Ron or submit questions for the next live session, which takes place on September 9, you can do so here.