Essays vs. Recommendations
When it comes to the essays, with most applications, you want to give them a personal dimension.
Work is already covered in the letters of recommendation, resume, application boxes. There are exceptions, but do your best to use personal examples if they make sense. Strive to give adcom a 360-degree understanding of you, allowing them to develop a sense of empathy and attachment to you as a candidate.
Let me let you in on a little secret. You want the reader to feel an EMOTIONAL CONNECTION to the person on this piece of paper. EMOTIONAL. And this is best done by tapping into the universal-type stuff.
Take the adcom to the movie of your life for a moment.
• The essays use anecdotes and examples that are written in chronological order. The reader can mentally see the story unfold.
• The story is told in brief sentences in universal, non-jargony language.
• Each essay shows a different side of you, yet all of them feel authentic, sincere, and accessible.
• They demonstrate self-awareness, personal growth, leadership, and/or results-orientation.
• You reach the reader on both an analytical and emotional level.
Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
- Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 17 Apr 2016
- Thanked: 2 times
- Followed by:5 members
Thank you for the useful information. I've always had problems writing texts. And if I somehow coped with the essay https://www.rush-my-essay.com/custom-essays/, then to write a thesis I had to turn to specialists. I realized that I was not ready to sit for days on end for a mass of information and I could not correctly combine it into my work.
Thanks for useful tips! For me, writing an essay is a whole quest. Friends recommended the site to me https://wowgrade.net/ and I decided to use the services. I have not regretted. Indeed, in a short time I needed to prepare work in several subjects. If I did it all at the same time, I would fail all tasks.