- Listing and Counting: Learn one of the first strategies you should consider when you encounter a counting question.
- Fundamental Counting Principle (FCP) : Learn how to apply the Fundamental Counting Principle.
- GMAT counting strategies - part I: Learn some basic strategies to consider whenever you encounter a counting question.
- Factorial notation: Learn some notation required for many counting questions.
- Handling restrictions: Learn two strategies for handling restrictions in counting questions.
- MISSISSIPPI rule: Learn how to arrange objects when some objects are identical.
- Introduction to combinations: Learn how combinations work.
- When to use combinations: Learn how to determine whether a question is a combination question.
- Calculating combinations in your head: Learn a quick way to calculate combinations in your head.
- GMAT counting strategies - part II: Review all of the strategies that can be applied to counting questions.
Combinations and Non-Combinations - Part I: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/co ... %93-part-i
Combinations and Non-Combinations - Part II: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/co ... 93-part-ii
Combinations and Non-Combinations - Part III: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/do ... 3-part-iii
GMAT Math vs. School Math - Part II - Counting: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/gm ... i-counting
7 CATs FREE!If you earn 100 Forum Points
Engage in the Beat The GMAT forums to earn
100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREEVERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMSEarn 10 Points Per Post Earn 10 Points Per Thanks Earn 10 Points Per UpvoteREDEEM NOW
Counting (permutations & combinations)
We invite all community contributors to share resources that are deemed to help students beat the GMAT. We've created individual threads to match the main topics, so please select the best fit for your content carefully.