- Intro to GMAT word problems: Watch an overview of the strategies to consider when tackling word problems.
- Testing the answer choices: Learn strategies to keep in mind when testing answer choices
- Assigning variables: Learn some important guidelines to consider when assigning variables.
- Writing equations: Learn some important guidelines for writing equations
- How many variables to assign? : Learn guidelines regarding when to assign one variable and when to assign more than one variable
- Solving GMAT age questions: Learn how to solve word problems involving ages in the past and in the future
- Double Matrix Method for overlapping sets: Learn how to solve questions involving populations where each member has 2 features associated with it
- 3-criteria Venn diagrams: Learn how to solve questions involving populations where each member has 3 features associated with it
- Introduction to sequences: Take an introductory look at sequences
- Recursive definitions of terms: Learn how to work with sequences where the terms are defined recursively
- Sums of sequences (aka "series") : Learn how to find sums of the terms in a sequence
- Growth tables: Learn how to tackle questions where there is some kind of growth or decline over certain time periods
- Mixture questions: Learn how to solve questions involving mixtures
- Variables in the answer choices: Learn how to solve questions where there are variables in the answer choices
- Tips for the algebraic approach: Learn strategies to consider when using the algebraic approach to solve questions with variables in the answer choices
- Tips for the input-output approach: Learn strategies to consider when using the input-output approach to solve questions with variables in the answer choices
- Using "Word Equations" to Help Write Algebraic Equations: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/us ... -equations
- Variables in the Answer Choices - Part I - Two Approaches: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/va ... approaches
- Variables in the Answer Choices - Part II: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/articles/va ... 93-part-ii
Word Problems (overlapping sets, mixtures, sequences, misc.)
We invite all community contributors to share resources that are deemed to help students beat the GMAT. We've created individual threads to match the main topics, so please select the best fit for your content carefully.