chat-topic

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

chat-topic

by Lattefah84 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:57 am
I don't know if chat topics are allowed here.

But I'm desperate :( Some tasks just make me feel so stupid :( How do you guys deal with that? I had my last math exam in 2006.... And now I have to work these taks so quickly with no calculator :( I feel so bad :cry:

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 pm
The Lounge is a place to talk about anything--can you describe a little more about what you're dealing with? It's definitely normal to feel frustrated with your GMAT prep at different times during your prep. I certainly felt really stupid myself when I was studying for the exam.

The trick is to stay disciplined with your studies and to keep at it every day. Progress may feel slow, but at the end, you'll see results. You can do it!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 am
beatthegmat wrote:The Lounge is a place to talk about anything--can you describe a little more about what you're dealing with? It's definitely normal to feel frustrated with your GMAT prep at different times during your prep. I certainly felt really stupid myself when I was studying for the exam.

The trick is to stay disciplined with your studies and to keep at it every day. Progress may feel slow, but at the end, you'll see results. You can do it!
well, there're many problems I'm trying to deal with...Math is my weak point, so I started with it. Some tasks I find really easy, and when I finish some 10 or 15 tasks, the result is terrible... I feel like I'm just using some weird logic when I do the task, and after I see the solution, I don't understand how could I do it in certain way... I did knewton diagnostic test, twice. First time, it was terrible. Second time, when I did it, the correct answers I had are not the same questions I answered correctly first time. And that second diagnostic test I did was even worse...

Or I am using wrong strategy, or it is cos I haven't done math for ages, I've no idea... and I thought there're more people like me, but it looks like it just me ... :(

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 am
You're not alone. My guess would be that your issues with math are due more to the fact that your skills are rusty. My advice would be to leverage our community whenever you encounter a math problem that is particularly annoying, or that you can't solve very efficiently. We have many community members and experts here to help solve your issues!

Keep up the practice, you will improve!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 am
beatthegmat wrote:You're not alone. My guess would be that your issues with math are due more to the fact that your skills are rusty. My advice would be to leverage our community whenever you encounter a math problem that is particularly annoying, or that you can't solve very efficiently. We have many community members and experts here to help solve your issues!

Keep up the practice, you will improve!
Do you think I should learn both quantitative and verbal part in the same time (to half the study time on these to parts), or to keep learning math only, and after that the verbal part?

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:41 pm
I personally recommend focusing on one topic at a time. I tend to believe that singular focus on a subject will allow you to master that subject faster/more efficiently.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 am
beatthegmat wrote:I personally recommend focusing on one topic at a time. I tend to believe that singular focus on a subject will allow you to master that subject faster/more efficiently.
yeah, you are probably right. I was so tired of math that I tried to compute the possibility to pass the gmat without spending plenty of time on the math but, it is actually impossible, right?


:cry:

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 pm
For most test takers, you just have to put in the work. :)
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 am
beatthegmat wrote:For most test takers, you just have to put in the work. :)
yeah, yeah , you're right... Actually I did better today (the tasks from OG)


I instantly feel better :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 am
Keep up the good work, glad to hear that you're improving!

And by the way--told you so! :) Just kidding, wanted to insert a bratty comment!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:00 pm
beatthegmat wrote:Keep up the good work, glad to hear that you're improving!

And by the way--told you so! :) Just kidding, wanted to insert a bratty comment!

:D





Image

thanks ;)

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49 pm
Whoa, that's the coolest emoticon I've ever seen!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 am

User avatar
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posts: 93
Joined: 14 Dec 2009

by Lattefah84 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:08 am
beatthegmat wrote:Whoa, that's the coolest emoticon I've ever seen!
You do?
How about these :)

Image


Image

Image


Image

Image





Image


Image

I like emoticons

Image

GMAT/MBA Expert

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 6739
Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanked: 1249 times
Followed by:988 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 am
Where the heck are you finding these? They are hilarious!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school