I am confused between the choices I have, and I was wondering if people from this community help me understand which one would be a better choice.
To begin with, I have almost nine years of experience with Accenture and Home Depot. I had been working in Development all these years, but my understanding of the business aspect of Retail and Supply Chain has improved many folds. But due to the lack of any formal business education and my background in technology and engineering, I have been held back in technical roles. I have not taken part in any active business decision making roles.
Although I am interested in continuing my career in Retail and Supply Chain, I have often fancied a career in Consulting as well. In short, I believe I am comfortable in either. I think if after nine years of experience, I leave my domain and enter a new one such as Energy or Finance, I might have to start anew.
After MBA, I wish to move to a more Managerial side of the role than what I am currently doing. My goal is to get into any decision making role and explore a career in the business side of the organization. Another important goal is to move away from programming to management with better pay. After all, isn’t that why we all do an MBA!
My options currently are,
• HEC, Montréal (Preferring because of lowest fees among all, but I am a non-French speaking Canadian, so confused)
• Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta (Applied considering the low cost of living in AB, but afraid of employment due to the province’s economic struggle)
• Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia (Applied because it’s the best B School in BC and probably in the west, but employment data shows extremely low compensation number for graduates)
Applied and awaiting a result
• Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
• School of Business, York University
• Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
I am looking forward to some help from this community. I appreciate your help and time!
Canadian MBA, B School Decision
Figure out where you wish to apply