Create your short list
You'll want to spend some time researching schools in your target country to find the ideal one for you. Some questions to address:
- *What specific kind of program are you looking to attend? Which schools rank highest for that program?
- *What type of school would you like to attend? Big? Small? Public? Private?
- *Where would you like to be? Somewhat close to home? All the way across the world? Big city? Small college town? Warm climate?
- *Do you want to be among a large international student population? Some schools have a higher percentage of graduate students from other countries.
- *What are the financial implications? Consider travel and visa costs, as well as differences in tuition and cost of living.