Which UK business school for part time/ executive MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am a software engineer with four years of experience thinking about doing part time MBA from a good business school. I have been trying to find out which business school shall I go to but after spending few weeks on and of on it am still confused. Some of the options (in no order) seem to be Manchester Business School, London Business School, Lancaster, Cranfield, Oxford and Judge etc. I have been going through rankings as well.
It would help a lot if some good people can guide me on this.

Thanks,
Yash

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:10 am
Yash, what do you mean by a part time course. Do you mean a Executive MBA or some other customised program. If you mean exceutive programs then I would choose Cranfield as it does have one of the best executive education program in the world. Also another option you have is "Trium" it is a exceutive education program run by Stern, LSE and HEC Paris. Though it is kind of new it has built quite a reputation for itself.

Cheers

by Yash.k » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:26 am
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your reply. I meant standard Executive MBA. Trium and Cranfield look impressive, although Cranfield is ranked 39th in the world. How important are rankings anyway? I work in Manchester so was considering Manchester business schools Global MBA program. They are ranked 22nd in the world for full time MBA but their executive programs dont seem to be ranked, not sure what to make of this.

Thanks,
Yash

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:57 am
Yash.k wrote:Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your reply. I meant standard Executive MBA. Trium and Cranfield look impressive, although Cranfield is ranked 39th in the world. How important are rankings anyway? I work in Manchester so was considering Manchester business schools Global MBA program. They are ranked 22nd in the world for full time MBA but their executive programs dont seem to be ranked, not sure what to make of this.

Thanks,
Yash
Sorry for replying late.

Cranfield is actually ranked at 30 for their general MBA but it is also ranked as the second best business school in UK (both by FT). Having said that considering your situation Manchester business school should be a very safe choice. Not only is it among the top business schools in UK but it is also close to where you work. Though I dont know a lot about their Exec MBA, there is no doubt about the fact that it is a quality school. Why dont you try and approach an alum of the school, I am sure if you ask the school they will put you in touch with one.

Regards

by Yash.k » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:32 am
Hi Gabriel,

Many thanks for your helpful reply. I will try to get in touch with an alumni of MBS exec MBA program and take it from there.

Cheers,
Yash