Which programs have the best culture for minority students

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760
I have to research programs for MLT, so if anyone has any insight on this question or the other question I just posted let please share.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 am
I'm going to have to comment on NYU because well... it's in NYC. I'm not sure how Columbia is, but NYU has a great culture with it being in NYC and all. But from what I experienced the culture is such that... it's not a topic of conversation.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

GMAT Instructor

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 am
money9111 wrote:I'm going to have to comment on NYU because well... it's in NYC. I'm not sure how Columbia is, but NYU has a great culture with it being in NYC and all. But from what I experienced the culture is such that... it's not a topic of conversation.
Wait so is NYU not good for minority applicants? I hear varying opinions on NYU. I think its an interesting case because of the location. I have heard that the culture of the school doesn't matter because people just do their own thing in NY anyway.

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Legendary Member

by money9111 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am
No im saying that I think NYU is good, but because it's in NYC it doesn't seem like it's ever a concern of anyone. That's the impression I'm under.

As far as people doing their own things... well... a lot of people go to NYU just so they can experience "The City" and rightfully so, it is NY! But wouldn't that also tie into the culture of the school? NYC is part of the Culture of NYU

GMAT Instructor

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:28 am
money9111 wrote:No im saying that I think NYU is good, but because it's in NYC it doesn't seem like it's ever a concern of anyone. That's the impression I'm under.

As far as people doing their own things... well... a lot of people go to NYU just so they can experience "The City" and rightfully so, it is NY! But wouldn't that also tie into the culture of the school? NYC is part of the Culture of NYU
With NYU, is it true that it is the best program (aside from Wharton) for one to go if s/he wants to get a finance job?

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Legendary Member

by money9111 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm
I'm going to say no... there's still HBS, Columbia, Chicago... In terms of accessibility to internships and what not NYU has the proximity in its corner.