Which one of the following inference is most supported by t

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:1 members
Vitamin XYZ has long been a favorite among health food enthusiasts. In a recent large study, those who took large amounts of vitamin XYZ daily for two years showed on average a 40 percent lower risk of heart disease than did members of a control groups. Researchers corrected for differences in relevant health habits, such as diet.

Which one of the following inference is most supported by the passage?

(A) Taking large amount of vitamins is probably worth risking the side effects.
(B) Those who take large doses of vitamin XYZ daily for the next two years will exhibit on average an increase in the likelihood of avoiding heart disease.
(C) Li, who has taken large amounts of vitamin XYZ daily for the past two years, has a 40 percent lower risk.
(D) Taking large amounts of vitamin XYZ daily over the course of one's adult life should be recommended to most adults.
(E) Health food enthusiasts are probably correct in believing that large daily doses of multiple vitamins promote good health.

I dont have the OA
I found this question interesting !!! What's the best approach in getting the correct answer?

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Vincen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:35 am
I think that the option (E) is not the OA because it is more related to the health food than to the vitamins, and the passage talks about the vitamins.

But, I don't know how to determine which of the remaining options is the OA.