When to apply

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

When to apply

by swatinath » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm
I'm planning to apply for 2010 Septemeber session. I'm targetting top 10 MBA colleges of UK. But for most of the colleges , deadlines for second round are nearby. Please let me know how fruitful is it to apply in 3rd round? I have heared that it is as good as not applying because there are rare chances to have any vacant seat by that time.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by swatinath » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:05 am
Please reply to this

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm
The point that you've made is exactly what I've heard about schools here in the states. By the third round they're just looking to fill up the class. I heard something like last year at Wharton they only accepted 5 people in the 3rd round.

I'm not sure if this is any different abroad, but I'd imagine it would be the same situation.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Yes.WeCan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 pm
It all depends on your profile.

If you feel you are up for a challenge, do R3. It largely depends on how you scale against your peers, are you a valedictorian and got 4.0GPA undergrad from cambridge? Go for it! That being said, you should also consider empowering your application and going for R1 next year, honestly. Even more so; if you get into one of the top programs you can consider working the remaining part of the year promising a company you will use your post-MBA skills to help the company, it might even get you career options and funding.