Welcome, Lisa Anderson!

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Welcome, Lisa Anderson!

by beatthegmat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:01 pm
I'm happy to announce that Lisa Anderson, a consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting, will be joining the Beat The GMAT community as a resident MBA admissions expert! Lisa will be fielding your MBA questions along with Stacy and Amy.

She has a really impressive background:
Lisa W. Anderson has over twelve years of professional experience recruiting, advising, coaching and placing both MBA students and graduates. In her role as Director of Admissions for the Jones Graduate School of Management at Rice University, she led the university’s admissions efforts for both the MBA and MBA for Professionals programs. Lisa chaired the admissions committee three out of six years and administered the program’s over $2 million in scholarship funds. She is a frequent speaker on the admissions process, recruiting strategies, and the MBA value proposition having served on domestic and international forum panels, spoken to student and professional organizations, and given group seminars. During her tenure at Rice, she also served as the Associate Director of Career Planning in the Jones School’s career center working with recruiters, conducting career development seminars, and coaching MBA students on their career development and search strategies. Prior to joining Rice University, Lisa advised MBAs and masters students in career development and search strategies at the Mays School at Texas A&M University where she also evaluated applicants to the MBA program.

Lisa has spent over five years in corporate human resources in the consulting, energy, and manufacturing industries. Her human resources experience includes university relations and recruiting, staffing, benefits, compensation, and employee relations and programs. Lisa received her Master of Business Administration from Texas Christian University and a Bachelor of Business Administration in management from Texas A&M University.

“Lisa provided invaluable assistance to me with my essay and application strategy. Besides offering substantive help (form, content, structure) her background in business school admissions provided me with an ‘inside look’ into the mind of an admissions officer. This enabled me to write a strong application essay and I was confident that my essay was targeted to my audience.”

"Lisa significantly contributed to the effectiveness of my application. She provided numerous suggestions that vastly improved my application essays and tremendous insight while prepping me for my interviews. I was accepted into my first choice MBA program and am grateful for the help that Lisa provided."

"Lisa is extremely knowledgeable about MBA admissions, trends, and forecasting. Very much a hands-on manager, Lisa is admired by staff, students and industry peers, alike. "

“Lisa Anderson has a tremendous breadth and depth of knowledge regarding MBA admissions and career planning. She understands all the intricacies of the MBA application process as well as the qualities and characteristics of successful MBA students. Lisa also has a large network within the higher education community and a broad understanding of what each of the top graduate schools are looking for during their selection processes. Lisa is a tremendous resource and I do not hesitate to recommend her to prospective MBA students that I come across.”
Please help me in welcoming Lisa!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:40 am
Let me be the second to welcome you!. Looking forward to your insights on beyond the GMAT's process!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

Greetings!

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Hello BTG community! I am delighted to join the forum and be a resource for those considering business school. Business school is a big investment in yourself and your future, so it is great that you are taking advantages of resources like BTG to assist you in the process. I look forward to working with everyone.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 am
Nice to see one more ....errm ... Lady from Stacy Blackman squad! 8)

Welcome on board! :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by ikant » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 am
Hello n a very warm welcome to the community.

Cheers n Regards,
iKant
"To do is to be"

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by yalephd2007 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:54 am
Welcome!