Welcome, Kim Watkins of Manhattan GMAT!

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Welcome, Kim Watkins of Manhattan GMAT!

by beatthegmat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:26 pm
Beat The GMAT! is happy to announce that Kim Watkins will be contributing her GMAT expertise to the community. Kim serves as the Director of Marketing and Student Recruiting at Manhattan GMAT, one of the most respected names in GMAT preparation. She is an expert on GMAT strategy and has offered to provide GMAT advice to our members. Kim will be moderating content across in the 'GMAT Strategy' and 'Ask Manhattan GMAT' forums.

Here's Kim's bio from the Manhattan GMAT website:
By day, she’s a mild-mannered member of Manhattan GMAT’s senior staff, answering prospective student questions, facilitating registrations, cultivating marketing partnerships, and conveying her GMAT wisdom to anyone who will listen.

By night, Kim transforms into a marathon runner, an NYPD Auxiliary Police OfficerPD, a writer of a fitness quarterly called “You’re inSHAPE” and a first book, a Revolutionary War history buff, and a garden-variety Upper West Sider.

A main ingredient, she believes, in managing so much is having broad interests and a diverse background. Kim hails originally from southern Virginia and grew up on the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and near the beaches of the Atlantic. She took off for the west for college but ultimately trekked back to the homeland, set to work for Anheuser-Busch and hang out in the sun. With a twist of fate (and the career of an ex-boyfriend), she headed for the Big Apple in the mid-90’s -- and that’s where things really got interesting.

Within five years, Kim had experienced life a director of a breast cancer foundation, marathon runner, political activist, rock band groupie, out-of-real-work consultant, and writer. She had started and bankrupted a dot-com; prepped, taken, and taught the GMAT; and she had set up and operated three start-up web companies. Thank goodness, she ran across Manhattan GMAT in mid-2001; after several meetings at Starbucks, she was out-fitted with a set of Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides and a directive to sell out the very first GMAT Boot Camp.
Please help me in welcoming Kim!
Last edited by beatthegmat on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

welcome

by aim-wsc » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:28 am
I am very very happy that Ask Manhattan thread is back to life. :D

WE, the members of beatthe GMAT are fortunate to have help from such a great name, ManhattanGMAT.

I remember Kevin's posts were eye-opener, I personally benifited a lot from this forum. and therefore i had no regrets about postponing my GMAT test then six months back.... i was lucky that Manhattan GMAT partnered with this site.

Long live ManhattanGMAT long live beattheGMAT :D

We welcome you Kim, to this wonderful growing community.
hope you will enjoy being here.

keep us posted ;)

Thank you.

GMAT Instructor

Greetings from Manhattan GMAT

by Kim » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:08 am
Hello everyone!

I am so excited to join the Beat the GMAT community, and I am extremely grateful for your patience during the downtime. While most of you know that the impetus for this was Kevin's departure from the company, Manhattan GMAT went through a number of changes since the start of the fall. We opened centers in both Boston and Chicago, our corporate offices in New York moved (just two floors below our previous home), and we are currently expanding the New York center. In addition, we re-structured our Student Services team, adding several people, and my life has been completely consumed with interviews.

Now that we're nearing the end of the year, however, I am getting some fresh air and hope to contribute as much as possible, given the slower season during the holidays. So let me know if you need anything, and in the meantime, happy studying.

Remember - always think quality over quantity!
Kim Watkins
Senior Director, Marketing and Student Services
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: Greetings from Manhattan GMAT

by kidderek » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:44 pm
Kim wrote:Hello everyone!

I am so excited to join the Beat the GMAT community, and I am extremely grateful for your patience during the downtime. While most of you know that the impetus for this was Kevin's departure from the company, Manhattan GMAT went through a number of changes since the start of the fall. We opened centers in both Boston and Chicago, our corporate offices in New York moved (just two floors below our previous home), and we are currently expanding the New York center. In addition, we re-structured our Student Services team, adding several people, and my life has been completely consumed with interviews.

Now that we're nearing the end of the year, however, I am getting some fresh air and hope to contribute as much as possible, given the slower season during the holidays. So let me know if you need anything, and in the meantime, happy studying.

Remember - always think quality over quantity!
Kim!!! welcome to the forums!! We are much appreciative of your being here!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by hillzheng » Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 pm
Thank you, aim-wsc

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Wed May 14, 2008 12:22 pm
Welcome to the community. It will be great to hear from someone with your background!
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm
This is an old post. Kim has since moved on from Manhattan GMAT, but we've gained 3 great MGMAT experts in her place: Stacey, Rey, and Ron.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

• Page 1 of 1