Analyzing CR questions

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Analyzing CR questions

by TkNeo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:50 pm
I think there is no point in analyzing the answer for CR questions which you correctly answer .. I have seen that if my answer is correct the explanation doesn't say anything more than what i was thinking. Also the ones i got wrong were because of my misinterpretation of the argument because the problem was hard and the time was insufficient.. So what is the point in analyzing an answer explanation which i got wrong because of not enough time...

Anyone else think the same ?

I think the only thing one should focus on is increasing speed while maintaining or increasing accuracy !

-Tk

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:23 pm
IMO, your approach sounds OK when you are pressed for time. More so, if you are able to maintain the desired accuracy rate, you could just focus on questions you get wrong. Otherwise, it is very useful to review the answer choices of the questions you got correct. Hope this helps.

by TkNeo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 pm
Prasanna wrote: Otherwise, it is very useful to review the answer choices of the questions you got correct.
How is it helpful? Can you please elaborate ?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by sankruth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 am
There have been times when I got the correct answer but I was just lucky because the reasoning I used did not match with the explanation.

Generally, when Im torn between two choices and I end up selecting one, I mark that question for further analysis irrespective of whether my choice was right or wrong.

by TkNeo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:45 am
sankruth wrote: Generally, when Im torn between two choices and I end up selecting one, I mark that question for further analysis irrespective of whether my choice was right or wrong.
Good point. thanks