Selecting receipients for GMAT score

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Selecting receipients for GMAT score

by lkahmay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:16 am
Firstly, thank you for this great forum and community!

I've just embark on the process for B-school applications for the Fall 09 intake. My first step is to get GMAT out of the way. I know we can select up to 5 receipients for the GMAT scores. At this jucture, I only have a rough idea of schools that I'd like to apply to. Will it be a problem if it turns out that I'm not applying to the schools I've selected as receipients?

Does anyone know how the system works in general? How do the schools match GMAT scores to the applications? GMAC keeps scores for up to 5 years, does that mean schools (that I've chosen) will also have access to my score for the same length of time?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by jelt » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:27 am
Hi,

After you get your GMAT results, you can pay $28 to submit them to another school that you did not originally select. The 5 that you choose now are 'free' choices, if you will. After that each additional school costs $28. So I would pick the 5 you think you would mostly apply to right now.

Furthermore I also believe that the schools you pick will have access to the scores for five years. How it works is that these schools are given online access (rather than physically sent) your scores. So it would make sense that they have access for five years, since you may apply to them at any time within 5 years using this set of GMAT scores. I would double-check that on the GMAT website, though.