Accepted to Rutgers and Fordham MBA programs!!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey friends,

Just found out I got accepted to both Rutgers and Fordham MBA in Professional Accounting programs! I'm really excited!

If you're still applying, I encourage those in my boat that have scores that might not be astronomical to really focus on the other aspects of the application to make up for your weaknesses. I tried to make show my unique qualities and highlight the positive attributes I gained from each of my prior positions. Most importantly, I strived to make my essays readable, flowing, and as exciting as they could possibly be.

Thanks!
Last edited by NuclearAttacker on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 am
Hello,

Congrats on passing the gmat. Rutgers and Fordham are both excellent schools. Both schools are AACSB accredited, so that means they have the gold standard when it comes to quality education. I've looked at Fordham's MBA in Finance, and I think the curriculum is great. I don't where you live in the Tri-State area, but if you're in NYC then Fordham would be more accessible.

Best of luck!
Drew

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:640

by AleksandrM » Fri May 30, 2008 7:06 pm
While Rutgers has a very good accounting department, I would still go with Forham. They have an absolutely outstanding MBA in Professional Accounting (I was considering this school for this sole program). Also, I would say that Fordham is much better connected to the NYC professional community than Rutgers. This means you will be able to serve a lot of different companies over the summer internship. From what I understand, there are law classes that you can take at their school of law (which is, as you may be aware, one of the top in the nation); this legal background can be quite useful and set you apart from other candidates. Also, if you decide to intern for one of the Big Four, you will be albe to serve a wide variety of companies, though most of them will be in the financial sector, for obvious reasons. Furthermore, you will have a far better chance of getting a job - they have a very connected career management staff. Finally, it would be awesome to stay in NYC and work there for 2 or 3 years. It would expose you to a big, fast city with lots of huge clients. Plus, there is nothing like living in NYC in your 20s and early 30s.

Good luck.

by saurabhsudhir » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 pm
congrats for your admission...
Last edited by saurabhsudhir on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saurabh

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:10 pm
Saurab,

Are you still in India? I'm on the West Coast in San Francisco California and bio-stats, I can recommend U.C Berkeley, Stanford, Univeristy of San Francisco and San Francisco State University.

thanks
Andrew

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by netigen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 am
Mbadrew,

Are these universities any good - Univeristy of San Francisco and San Francisco State University. Can you tell me their strengths and standing?

AG

GMAT Score:660

by pathak.urvashi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 pm
Hey Nuclear Attacker,

I scored 660 in my GMAT, and applying for Fordham, Rutgers and Baruch Universities. Looking at your success, I feel hopeful. But, I'm a little concerned about my essay. Could you please guide me that what should or should not be written in the essay! Please help!

Thanks.

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:640

by AleksandrM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm
Pathak,

I think that you are making a mistake here. I don't think that you should focus on what to say and not to say in the essay. Instead, focus on telling a compelling, honest, and detailed story. Adcoms do not look for students who tell them the same thing and in the same way. Instead, I think that you should figure out your motivations, passions, interests, and goals, and then tell your story in a sincere and concrete fashion. Do not be afraid to be different. The most successful business people got to where they are because they thought in an unconventional way. Since schools want successful people, don't you think that they also look for differentiating qualities in their candidates? Nuclear's story, among other things, is different from yours. You wouldn't slap a wheel from a pick-up truck on a tiny Honda, would you?

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
Congratulations ! Rutgers and Fordham are good schools !
NuclearAttacker wrote:Hey friends,

Just found out I got accepted to both Rutgers and Fordham MBA in Professional Accounting programs! I'm really excited, and am still waiting on decisions from Pace, NYU, and Baruch's Zicklin. My stats are:

GMAT - 610
GPA - 3.4

My GMAT wasn't stellar by any means, but I took the time to perfect my essays and get really good recs. I think this helped a lot, and got me in without having to interview.

If you're still applying, I encourage those in my boat that have scores that might not be astronomical to really focus on the other aspects of the application to make up for your weaknesses. I tried to make show my unique qualities and highlight the positive attributes I gained from each of my prior positions. Most importantly, I strived to make my essays readable, flowing, and as exciting as they could possibly be.

With regards to Rutgers and Fordham, I was wondering if anyone has any insights on either school, and which might have advantages over the other. I always see Rutgers in the business school rankings somewhere on the list, but not Fordham. Anyone know the reason for this? How do I find out which program would look better to a potential employer? If you had to choose, where would you go, and why? Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

by MsA » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:50 am
I just started looking into different Graduate programs and GMAT/ LSAT tests. 3.4 is exactly what I have, and Fordham is the first choice school for me. Approximately, how long does it take to study if your target score is like yours, 610-650 in GMAT?