ADMIT into USC - Marshall School Of Business and MSU !

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
I would first like to thank the whole BTG team for doing a tremendous job .This post is for all those who think that it is impossible to accomplish their dream school admission.

All things are difficult before they become easy
It is difficult but not impossible

These were the two lines that kept me going ahead to pursue my dream .It would be totally misleading if I tell that I have been preparing for MBA for 5 months to get a score of 700 and make it to schools like USC Marshall and Broad Business School with pretty good scholarship. Because preparing, applying and converting an mba admission is a continuous process which does not have a start and end point. I started thinking about mba 4 years ago since then I have been trying every other opportunity to do an mba from one of the top notch schools balancing my work pressure and performance at work.

I have been through so many tough times and took bold decision even at desperate times . I have had admits from different other schools but since they were not the ones I wanted to join I forego my chances and took the toughest route with just my dream in front of me . I have had criticism about my mad adamant of aiming for only top notch schools which is far out of reach for an Indian IT Male with just 700 .

Never Give Up - People who quit never realize how close they were to success. Everytime I think of quitting I tell myself that I am near my goal.

Believe me at my GMAT diagnostic test i scored a 700 , after 5 months of diligent hard work and alienated life style I took my GMAT expecting a 750 and above but landed in 700 only. After a year of even more rigorous studying I was pretty confident of scoring a 770 at least but my bad I got a 700 only. This is when due to timelines and personal constraints I decided to apply to schools .
This time I worked a lot on my essays and applications. I applied to 4 schools and was able to convert 2 of them. I did both my interviews confidently and did a lot of brainstorm. This exercise helped me a lot to be as transparent and candid to the ADCOMs. I was aiming at SCM and consulting schools. I was very happy and felt accomplished when I received admits from both these schools.

Please feel free to ask me , I would be glad to help you !

Finally for all those starters and aspirants there in BTG , good or bad experience you are not the first who is experiencing it for the first time there are tons of people who have been through this. This is all to test you how focused and persevered you are towards your goal....

AIM HIGH , DREAM BIG AND THINK POSITIVE.
Thanks
Senthil

It seems impossible until its done.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am
Congratulations!
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:35 pm
CONGRATS!

What an inspiring story that you have--with such a happy ending. I'm so happy to see you get these admits--thanks for sharing!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by senthil » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:24 am
Thanks again for the BTG group for doing such a great job and being instrumental in paving way for many dreamers like me
Thanks
Senthil

It seems impossible until its done.