HEC Paris Admission

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

HEC Paris Admission

by Mr_T » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:45 am
Hi all,

My dream MBA b-school is HEC Paris, but I don't see a lot of information here about it. I wondering how difficult it is to be admitted in comparison to other schools. Unlike their undergraduate business program, they are not that high ranked.

Has anyone here been accepted or has a friend who has?

What do they value the most? GPA, GMAT, Essays, Work Experience, international exposure, # of languages...?
From what I see, their application form is quite extensive with lots of essays and extra information you can write. Also, judging from the questions and info HEC ask, I seem to be a good fit.

My GPA is a low 2.83, but 3.26 in my last year. I'm projecting a 620-650 on the GMAT (hopefully I can do better). I have 4 good years of experience (with significant increases) and my references are strong. Do you think that with strong essays I have a shot of getting in?

Thanks,

mr_T

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 am
Hey Hi Mr_T!

I am not from HEC but I have an admit from ESSEC another reputed B-School from France(in case you have researched well about the B-Schools in Paris region, you must have heard this name!)
I believe if you can push your GMAT to over 700 then it would be really comfortable for you. But depending upon your work exp and your reasons for doing a MBA, even a score slightly lower than 700 can work! but I think 650 is pretty low for both HEC as well for ESSEC regular MBA program(unless you have stellar track record!)

Hope this Helps