MY FUTURE...

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MY FUTURE...

by ViiP » Sun May 17, 2009 2:29 pm
Hey everyone,
Im new to the forums, just found this site today and im happy i did because im kind of lost/confused.

Im currently in high school, a senior. I joined the military (USMC) so my college expenses would be completely paid for or at least most of it.

Im going to be active for 4 years, i was thinking about working hard getting my status up for 1 year in the corp. and then go to school get my bachelors and then go for my mba.

The thing is my high school years - more like party years, is something im not proud of now. So my gpa is low and i know good business schools look at your gpa, but not that alone and also your gmat scores, so im going to have to do good on my gmat test.

From what i understand and read online is that top b-schools will only consider accepting you if you have previous experience in the field about 2+ years, at an entry level job.

What kind of jobs are best, is military experience good enough?

Also from start to finish, how much on average would it cost for the education from associates - bachelors to mba, all in all cost?

I hope i got everything a b-school looks at

-GPA
-GMAT
-PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AT AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB

Is there anything im missing?
Any advice, even opinions would be much appreciated. Trying to figure out as much as i can now so i know were im going and where i want to be.

thank you