Gave Gmat:June 4th

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gave Gmat:June 4th

by warped » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:38 am
Hi,

I just gave the GMAT yesterday, I scored 720(96 Percentile) with the following breakup:

Quant : 49(90 percentile)
Verbal:40(90 percentile)

I had a prep of around 4 weeks with around two weeks of serious study but seriously the time available was limited because of a full time job.I found that the GMAT prep software had accurately predicted my scores (had scored around 720 in both the exams) and the levels of questions were around the same.I did my studying from the following sources:

1) Kaplan 800
2) Official Guide 11thed
3) Manhattan GMAT for SC
4) Resources on this site (Spidey's and Saahil's notes esp.for SC), Thanks guys :D

Prep Test Results:

Kaplan 1:640
Kaplan 3:650
Kaplan 4:640

Gmat Prep 1:720
Gmat Prep 2:740

I didnot face any problems with the scratch pad although have heard a lot of complaints about it.You can get an additional one if you want, if you fill out the ten sheets provided to you.Yeah the marker makes your hands dirty but i dont think it is a major hiccup.

Not mighty pleased with the score as I was expecting higher score in Quant but am happy to be done with it.

Let me know if anybody has any questions, will be glad to help.

Thanks a lot for maintaining for this excellent forum.

Best of luck !

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by drhomler » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 am
Nice job-thats alotof studying to fit into a month with a full time job.
I have a couple of questions for you-where did you get the Kaplan practice tests, did they come with the GMAT 800 book? And the GMATPrep software tests, did you take those last after most of your preparation?

Thanks for the input I appreciate it.