kaplan versus GMAT official guide and more

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

kaplan versus GMAT official guide and more

by npandey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:32 am
I find the official guide pretty easy and do well on that but when I use Kaplan i do not so well. How close does the real test mirror either of these and should my prep really focus on the Kaplan side?

Also I have 2 months before I take the test. How many pracitice tests at min should one do in 2 months and where are all the possible practice tests that one can find online (is there a list somewhere)?

Many thanks
np

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by tngearhart » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:04 am
I find the Kaplan scores are about 100 points below my scores on Powerprep and the Manhattan Practice tests.

I haven't decided what the best spacing is for taking practice test. I figure you take them when you feel you have improved. I think of the practice tests as checkpoints, but also as confidence boosters. If you know you are not ready to pass through a score target, do more practice problems and then take your full length test when you are better prepared. You want to leave each practice test feeling like your work has paid off.

I have taken a few practice tests late at night and consequently performed poorly on the Verbal section. I was too tired to concentrate. Better to put the test off to the next day than to hurt your ego with a bad score, when you could have done better.

That's my thought.