1-2
No votes
3-4
No votes
5-6
No votes

Total votes: 0

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, I got the argument from the official website of GMAC. Here's the argument and my answer. Please rate my essay, thanks :)

The following appeared as part of an article in a magazine devoted to regional life:

"Corporations should look to the city of Helios when seeking new business opportunities or a new location. Even in the recent recession, Helios's unemployment rate was lower than the regional average. It is the industrial center of the region, and historically it has provided more than its share of the region's manufacturing jobs. In addition, Helios is attempting to expand its economic base by attracting companies that focus on research and development of innovative technologies."

Discuss how well reasoned . . . etc.

ESSAY:

The article states that companies should take a further look at the city of Helios if they want to find a new location or to seek new business opportunities. This argument omits some important concerns regarding how corporations can reap any benefit from Helios. First of all, the city of Helios is attempting to attract research and development technologies companies. It does not necessarily beneficial for other kinds of business to seek opportunities in this city. Furthermore, the fact that the unemployment rate stays low in the recession has nothing to do with the probability of the new corporate's success.

As I mentioned earlier, the city of Helios is trying to expand their economic base by including research and development of innovative technologies into their economical activity. Thus, corporations which are not in the field of technological should reevaluate their decision to look further in seeking new business opportunities. If there are already tens of cafes in the city, it will be harder for the new cafe to join the competition as customers have a lot of choices. The fact that Helios want research and development companies means that there are not many of those firms yet. If corporations can find out what kind of business Helios need, than the argument can be improved.

The low unemployment rate is good for labours, but not necessarily true to firms. Higher employment rate can be a challenge for new companies because it will be more difficult for them to find high-quality labour. Additionally, unemployment rate has little to do with the corporate's success rate. If the corporate can find information about citizen's average spending rate per month, than these informations can provide better insight for the corporate's managers and CEOs.

Overall, corporations can not look deeper at the city of Helios for new business opportunities or new locations. The facts provided in the magazine has little, if not nothing, to do with the corporations. New businesses in Helios might also not the best business to be in the city.