Developed countries around the world have. . .

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members
Developed countries around the world have pledged to reduce global carbon emissions to half their 1990 levels by 2050.
Taking into account these countries' plans for emissions reduction, countries in the developing world would need to cut
emissions by 23%. However, this goal will translate into a much greater per-capita requirement on people in the developing world. This is because their populations are still growing, increasing the energy and resources needed in coming years.

Which of the following, if true, most strengthens the argument?

(A) Industrial plants are one of the prime targets for emissions reductions, and most global industrial production takes place in developed nations.

(B) On a per-capita basis, emissions from countries in the developing world are less than one-tenth those from developed countries.

(C) A handful of developing nations committed to emissions reduction targets equal or greater than those of developed nations.

(D) In developing nations, emissions levels are more heavily dependent on the activities of a small ruling class.

(E) By 2050, many countries in the developing world are expected to have undergone drastic economic transformation such that they will resemble more closely developed nations than developing ones.

The Official Answer is C.

Experts I need help in this CR question? I want some one explain it to me option by option.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by imyuva » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:36 am
Initially i too thought C is answer, but later got that official Answer is B.

Here the developed countries reduces by 50%. But developing countries will reduce by 23%.

Even reducing 23%, developing companies face per capita requirement issue. It means population in developing country is high but people consume less energy, while population in developed country is less but consume more energy.

Option B say that developed countries's per ca-pita requirement is high, even the population is low.