Unofficial Score Not Received After Test

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Unofficial Score Not Received After Test

by anshul_3 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Hello,

I had my GMAT exam yesterday. I gave the exam well and could see my unofficial scores on the screen before accepting them. However, I could not get the unofficial score report as the test centre was having trouble connecting with cloud server which prints the report.

The centre has raised a case for me. Customer support at MBA.com says it will take 3-5 business days for me to get my unofficial score report by mail.

Can any expert answer if this is an acceptable timeline just to receive the unofficial score report? Considering the fact that I should have already received the unofficial copy just after completing my exam. Is there a way I can speed up this process?

Awaiting an expert opinion on this.

Thanks

by Haardvark » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:42 pm
Is there any reason you need the unofficial report so quickly? I can't think of many -- this is probably why they're not too worried about it.
anshul_3 wrote:Hello,

I had my GMAT exam yesterday. I gave the exam well and could see my unofficial scores on the screen before accepting them. However, I could not get the unofficial score report as the test centre was having trouble connecting with cloud server which prints the report.

The centre has raised a case for me. Customer support at MBA.com says it will take 3-5 business days for me to get my unofficial score report by mail.

Can any expert answer if this is an acceptable timeline just to receive the unofficial score report? Considering the fact that I should have already received the unofficial copy just after completing my exam. Is there a way I can speed up this process?

Awaiting an expert opinion on this.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 pm
Hi Haardvark,

Since you'll likely have your Official GMAT Score in the next 7-14 days - and THAT is the result that ultimately matters - I'm not sure if it's a good use of your time trying to encourage customer support to speed up the shipment of your Unofficial Report. While Unofficial Scores rarely vary from the Official Scores that come later, Business Schools won't accept that Unofficial Report as part of the application. Since you've seen your Unofficial Score, you already know what your Official result will be. Do you need the Unofficial Score Report for anything specific?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by Haardvark » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 am
[email protected] wrote:Hi Haardvark,

Since you'll likely have your Official GMAT Score in the next 7-14 days - and THAT is the result that ultimately matters - I'm not sure if it's a good use of your time trying to encourage customer support to speed up the shipment of your Unofficial Report. While Unofficial Scores rarely vary from the Official Scores that come later, Business Schools won't accept that Unofficial Report as part of the application. Since you've seen your Unofficial Score, you already know what your Official result will be. Do you need the Unofficial Score Report for anything specific?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
I'm all good, but I'm sure anshul_3 will appreciate the info!

by anshul_3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 am
Thanks team for the quick responses. I needed the unofficial score as I didn't remember the exact percentiles and wanted to start applying to MBA colleges. Got the official score report today. :)