Got 650 and considering retaking the test

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Got 650 and considering retaking the test

by lqc172 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 pm
Hi,

I took the GMAT for the second time 2 days ago and got a disappointing score of 650. The first time I took it 8 months ago, my score was 620, so it was not a big improvement.

My mocks before the most current exam were 720, 710, 740, from GMAT Official and Economist. So I was very hopeful for this time around.

The problem with me is that I have extremely bad test anxiety, which significantly impacts my performance. Before the first exam, I was not able to sleep the whole night and my exam was at 8am. The second time, I took a sleeping pill but still had troubles with sleeping and did not sleep till 3:30am, waking up at 7 and I had my test at 2:30pm. Needless to say, I was very tired, sleepy, and my body ached.

I feel like I have been studying all I could and, if I take it once more time (which I most likely will do), what else could I do to prepare for the exam. When should I retake it (my schedule works best a month later)? And, most importantly, I appreciate any advice on how to calm my nerves and give the exam my best ability the next time.

Thanks!
Chi