00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Candle Corporation's television stations are likely to have more income from advertisers than previously. This is because advertisers prefer to reach people in the 18- to 49-year-old age group and the number of people in the group watching Candle television is increasing. Furthermore, among Candle viewers, the percentage of viewers 18 to 49 years old is increasing.

Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen the argument that Candle Corporation will receive more income from advertisers?

A) Advertisers carefully monitor the demographic characteristics of television audiences and purchase advertising time to reach the audiences they prefer to reach.
B) Among people over 49 years old, fewer viewers of Candle stations buy products advertised on television than do viewers of other stations.
C) There will be increasingly more advertisements on television that are directed at viewers who are over 49 years old.
D) Candle stations plan to show reruns of television shows during hours when other stations run shows for the first time.
E) People 18 to 49 years old generally have less disposable income to spend than do people over 49 years old.

OA:A

Source: OG 2017.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by NandishSS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Bumping the thread for the experts review.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 am

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

NandishSS wrote:Candle Corporation's television stations are likely to have more income from advertisers than previously. This is because advertisers prefer to reach people in the 18- to 49-year-old age group and the number of people in the group watching Candle television is increasing. Furthermore, among Candle viewers, the percentage of viewers 18 to 49 years old is increasing.

Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen the argument that Candle Corporation will receive more income from advertisers?

A) Advertisers carefully monitor the demographic characteristics of television audiences and purchase advertising time to reach the audiences they prefer to reach.
B) Among people over 49 years old, fewer viewers of Candle stations buy products advertised on television than do viewers of other stations.
C) There will be increasingly more advertisements on television that are directed at viewers who are over 49 years old.
D) Candle stations plan to show reruns of television shows during hours when other stations run shows for the first time.
E) People 18 to 49 years old generally have less disposable income to spend than do people over 49 years old.

OA:A

Source: OG 2017.
The argument links Candle Corporation's increase in viewers 18 to 49 years old -- the preferred age group -- to an increase in advertising income.
The correct answer choice must strengthen this link.
A: Advertisers carefully monitor the demographic characteristics of television audiences and purchase advertising time to reach the audiences they prefer to reach.
Implication:
Because of their careful monitoring, advertisers will be aware that more viewers 18 to 49 years old are watching Candle Corporation's stations, inducing these advertisers to purchase advertising time from Candle Corporation and STRENGTHENING the conclusion that there will be an increase in advertising income.

The correct answer is A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3