Profile evaluation request

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile evaluation request

by gabrielrc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 am
Hello all, Can you please assess my profile?
"¢ Demographic: 32-year old white male from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
"¢ GMAT Practice tests ranging from 720 to 750. (Gmat scheduled to 1st week of november)
"¢ Undergrad: Petroleum Engineering from prestigious engineering program in Brazil (top 5) - 2.8 GPA (Worked as Geometry teacher preparing students for military academies during most of my time in school)
"¢ Post Graduate Diploma in Business/ Project Management from Fundação Dom Cabral (Top latin America B-school) - 3.6 GPA
"¢ Work experience: 7 years as Drilling Engineer for BP including 3 years of offshore work. Due to the downturn with commodities, i became the Single Point of Accountability for drilling activities in Brazil and worked with Business Development, Project Management and Budgeting. Military Experience with 3+ years of service in the Brazilian Naval Prep Academy and Naval Academy
"¢ Extracurriculars: Public Relations of Students Corps in the Naval Prep Academy, Mathlete and Judo Athlete; Reservoir engineering teaching assistant and Research Assistant fellowship during undergrad.
"¢ Parents without college degree.
"¢ Target schools: Kellogg, Marshall, Goizueta, Imperial School, Bocconi, ESMT.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 am
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really interesting and unique profile that should garner some strong interest from MBA programs. Your leaderships and ECs in particular stand out and align well with your good work experience. Your UG GPA is pretty low which will be a concern but if you can land in the range provided for your GMAT you should have a chance at Kellogg
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!