Shortlisting BSchool

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Shortlisting BSchool

by Amith Naik » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:09 am
Hi All,

I m preparing for gmat and giving it in December 2016. I'm planning to apply for Round 2 jan 2017 intakes of colleges. I'm not able to shortlist any bschool for now. I have major interest in Marketing and Sales. I'm from IT background having 4.4 years of experience as of now. I have a first class (64 percentile in Engineering). I have participated in few co curricular activities at college level but not any major one as such. As of now I have in my mind

Kellog

Berkeley Hass

London Business School

IIMB

What are my chances of getting in to these colleges having a gmat of around 650 to 700. ?

Are these the colleges I should aim at?

If the profile is still not suitable for these brands please also help me shortlist. Awaiting your response

Thanks
Amith Naik

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by Junaid Saleem » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:15 am
Amith Naik wrote:Hi All,

I m preparing for gmat and giving it in December 2016. I'm planning to apply for Round 2 jan 2017 intakes of colleges. I'm not able to shortlist any bschool for now. I have major interest in Marketing and Sales. I'm from IT background having 4.4 years of experience as of now. I have a first class (64 percentile in Engineering). I have participated in few co curricular activities at college level but not any major one as such. As of now I have in my mind

Kellog

Berkeley Hass

London Business School

IIMB

What are my chances of getting in to these colleges having a gmat of around 650 to 700. ?

Are these the colleges I should aim at?

If the profile is still not suitable for these brands please also help me shortlist. Awaiting your response

Thanks
Amith Naik
Hi Amith,

The schools you have shortlisted are highly competitive except IIM-B and its already late to apply. You need to score 700+ in your GMAT test and I suggest you to take few mock tests which will be helpful.

You need to work on your essay, resume and interview which will help you to get into top B-Schools.

You can also target few marketing top B-Schools listed below:

New York University - Stern

University of Texas - McCombs

Chicago Booth

Duke University - Fuqua

Kindly share with us more details on your profile for free profile evaluation and we will assist you with the best.

Regards,
Junaid Saleem
General Education - India's premier Application Consulting company.

Get Advice: +91- 96205 55680 |

For your chances of getting to a particular school, visit - https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschool/?key=IRs08YFjS0

To look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work - https://www.genedmba.com/testimonials/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Amith Naik » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 am
Hi Junaid,

Thanks for your response this helps a lot. Please find below

My profile
------------------

Age 26 yrs

Completed Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science in 2012 August

Work experience- 4 years 4 months in Information Security with Identity and Access management as core area of expertise.

Worked in roles as Software Engineer and IAM Engineer/Consultant . Built and delivered IAM Solutions for organisation like Motorola, EFH.

Now working as Senior Software Engineer in a firm called as Iron Mountain.

Traveled to US on a project work in Texas Dallas

I have no experience in marketing or sales position. Im passionate about technology and want to have marketing career in either Airline or IT industry. I have not thought about other avenues. Please review and suggest me other areas as well If possible mail me out at [email protected]. I have attached my resume

Thanks
Amith
Attachments
Amith Naik Sheela-updatedresume.docx
Resume
(40.13 KiB) Downloaded 63 times