Great Experience with Stratus Prep

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I made the choice to use Stratus Prep and it was the best decision I ever made. When I made the choice to hire a consultant, it was because I knew I could make it at Business School, but my undergrad GPA might limit me. I was very happy to have gotten over my undergrad hurdle of low academic performance and end up at the University of Chicago Booth MBA. This showed the level of dedication I received from Richard Cheng, who helped turn my essay writing into presentable pieces for the adcom, proving that low GPAs or past mistakes can truly be overcome with a solid personal story. I was also impressed with how Richard Cheng took discrete pieces of my story and sequenced them together into a coherent narrative. Taking a look at my original outlines and first drafts I am amazed at how much different my finished product ended up. The ability Richard had to make sure I told what was necessary, eliminating what's not, and finding the right level of depth for my themes and supporting evidence was incredible. In this regard, I was able to develop some very strong and unique themes about my goals.

I would highly recommend using Richard and Stratus Prep. To begin the process they are very thorough and deep, making sure multiple stories are crafted. This brings out who you are as a candidate. Through out the process Richard was very responsive and had a wonderful problem solving ability. This makes sure you are ready for the class visits as well as the interview. He was always easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. I have no regrets and would make the same decision again.