I beat the GMAT. From 580 to 710

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

I beat the GMAT. From 580 to 710

by smesab92 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:22 pm
I decided to post my results (710 total 91st percentile, Q48 71th percentile, V39 89th percentile)and tell my experience because this forum is awesome!

I am a young industrial engineer and I decided to pursue a Master in Management degree for 2017/2018. It was after an interview at a consulting firm that I knew about Beat the GMAT. After reading the forums the first thing I did was to try a test at Veritas Prep. I obtained a 580 score so it felt bad , and I knew I had to improve my verbal level- I am from Colombia and to be honest with you I have some issues with my English.

I bought just one official GMAT book and worked with the template of GMAT Prep Now, according to the 60-study guide ( it's awesome you should subscribe to it). Also each day I made 5 or 10 questions of the Veritas Prep question bank. After 1 month I took another test and my score was 620 so I felt how my study was useful. However, after that month I took vacations and I didn't study GMAT at all. When arrived from my holidays I started again and obtained 590 in another test practice. I felt that 620 would be my top score.

In my last week, i read all my notes ,read several times the flashcards you can download in this page and study the flag questions I had on my GMAT Prep now a template. The day before I went to sleep very early after I watched a movie- Captain America Civil War to motivate myself. I arrived at the test center and after submitting my answer I obtain and incredible 710.

My main takeaways:

-Flag all the questios you got wrong while studying or you found interesting. Review several times.

-Veritas tests are very tough but are great for practice.

Éxitos for everyone!

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:08 pm
The day before I went to sleep very early after I watched a movie- Captain America Civil War to motivate myself. I arrived at the test center and after submitting my answer I obtain and incredible 710.
An excellent score and a fine film. Congrats :)
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course