Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by VarunRaina1984 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:33 am
Hi

I want to figure out if my profile is good enough for applying to top 10 or top 20 Ranked US Schools or no.

Some Key Snippets :

1. Graduate in Biotechnology - Good CGPA
2. Masters (MBA)in Marketing Communications - A specialized field dealing with Advertising and Media
3 Work Ex - 8 Years (9 by the time I apply) - In 3 MNC -CPG Companies as - Sales Manager, Brand
Manager and Senior Brand Manager (International Role)
4. Reason for 2nd MBA - A super specialized first MBA is now proving to be limiting in terms of moving up the corporate ladder. The knowledge and perspective required for a true managerial profile is lacking in me esp with regards to the expectations from a global role. Am finding this extremely frustrating.
5. GMAT Score : Not yet Taken : Expecting anything between 660-700 basis mocks.

Other Info :
1. Selected as member of Indians Under 35 - Young Thinkers Club by India Foundation backed by Government of India
2. Head - Admissions & Student Relations Team SIBM (MBA College) 2007-2008
3. Founding Member SIBM Quizzing Club 2006-07
4. Associated with YuvSatta - A Gandhian NGO working towards Communal Harmony
5. Personally Involved with a lot of activities around making India Open defecation free.
6. Winner of Numerous Quizzing Activities (National Level - ESPN, LIMCA, BBC etc)

Key Questions
1. Is my work Ex and first MBA (Specialized) a REALLY BIG deterrent (Even to get into 10-20 Ranked Colleges as well. ? I am not too keen on Europe based colleges Sad
2. Is it easy for people to get an H1B in US if they wish to work for a CPG company there post MBA ?
3. Is Executive MBA a good option if this doesnt work out ? PS : I cant manage a company sponsorship... Additionally I would want to work in US post my MBA.

Thanks and Regards
Varun

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:10 am
when are you planning to apply? Round 1 deadlines are now coming and going, and Round 2 will become very tough, as you come from an over represented population, applying to top schools. Your GMAT score will be important. You can explain why you need the second MBA, that is not too unusual. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/