Business schools in mainland China

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Business schools in mainland China

by wuhanmatt » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:33 am
Hello,

I am looking at applying for MBA programs in mainland China. I speak a little Chinese, but i'm looking for English language programs. I will, of course, be improving my Chinese while in China :)

I know that not all the Chinese schools are ranked internationally, but of the ones that are CEIBS, Fudan and Jiaotong are the best. I've decided not to apply to BiMBA - But I know it is also one of the best ranked.

However, on local rankings, it seems that Tsinghua and Peking are also very highly rated. And then there is CKGSB - which seems very well rated at executive MBA's but i'm not sure about their full time MBA.

Those are the 6 schools I am considering right now. However, I dont want to apply to all 6 - primarily because each one requires a reference and I dont want to be too troublesome for my references. However i'm not sure which ones will be the best choice.

I have a GMAT score of 770 and I think my application will be quite competitive, so I think I have a chance of getting into any of the schools. I will be applying in Round 1 - which generally closes in October or November. I would like my career to be in China, or heavily involved in China, after graduation.

Scholarships are another consideration - with my GMAT score I will get a "free ride" to Fudan and Jiaotong. The other one's, i'm not so sure.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and provide any comments or advice?

Regards,

Matt