HELP: USA-Business Schools-Marketing-Consumer Goods Industry

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Seeking business schools in USA which have a good reputation for marketing, strategy and entrepreneurship.
Interested in the consumer goods industry and the retail industry.

My Profile Summary:
Indian
28 years old
B.com Graduation from Mumbai University (Overall Percentage of 3 years: 62%) and 1 year diploma in Advertising and Marketing.
3+ years work experience in advertising and marketing with 1 year in a managerial position handling a team of 3 members.
GMAT Score: 620 (Not planning to re-take GMAT)

I am seeking answers to the following questions:

1. Based on my requirements which location/region in US should I focus on while shortlisting my business schools?

2. Business schools that will fall in the Reach or Safe Category on my business school shortlist?
(Don't want the names of the top ones like Duke, Kellogg, Emory, Ross etc, already have that list.)

Any help would great.
Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm
Well let me say this as I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, but I'm seeing that it may still need my help. The "industries" that you've listed for schools that have a good reputation for marketing, strategy and entrepreneurship - but also in consumer goods & retail... shows me that you really haven't done the full necessary research beyond looking at the top schools list.

I think you need to hone in on what it is exactly that you want to do post-mba. Then you can pose some additional probing questions on here. That's how I found this site to be the most useful.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by [email protected] » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:18 am
Hi there,
You have a good working experience but the GMAT score is not enough to get in the top business schools. Since you don't consider to re-take GMAT, we would recommend you to focus on Wisconsin, Warrington and Flagler.

If you need further assessment, please don't hesitate to sign up for a FREE consultation. We can help you to find the best program that suits your expectations and needs together.

Best,
As GM of MBAitNow I make sure that every client receives the attention they deserve and experience our well-structured approach and process that ensures that they will have the best chances to get accepted at their dream schools.

My team and I had placed clients at MBA programs such as, HBS, SLOAN, ANDERSON, STERN, WHARTON, BOOTH, KELLOGG, HAAS, DARDEN, FUQUA, ROSS, etc.