Northeastern vs. Boston College MSF

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Northeastern vs. Boston College MSF

by lwk362393 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:38 am
This is a debate over Masters in Finance programs (MSF), not an MBA. I assume the programs would be somewhat similar, as will student services, so it'd be great to hear any and all opinions.

I am about to graduate from Northeastern undergrad (not a finance major) and wanted to pursue a MSF in order to make my self a better candidate for a job in the industry (private equity, IB, or similar). I have received offers from various schools, such as the University of Rochester (Simon) and Washington University in St. Louis (Olin), as well as Northeastern and BC. Because I do not want to relocate out of Boston (and can't really because of my girlfriend's job), my choice comes down to BC or Northeastern. I have received about a 50% scholarship from NU, and less money from BC, so BC will be far more expensive (by about $15k). I think BC is a better program in terms of academics, but I am relatively unfamiliar with the school as a whole.

I'd love some advice on which program would look more attractive to future employers, as well as info on the career and support services for each school. Any other details or insight would also be very appreciated.