MGMAT Self Study Books Vs. MGMAT Interact

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MGMAT Self Study Books Vs. MGMAT Interact

by fragrance » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:02 am
I checked out the interact free trial and decided to just buy the mgmat strategy guides for self-study. But I didn't find all the tricks/ shortcuts (taught in the interact videos) in the strategy guides. So here's my question.
Do the MGMAT books (most reviewers recommended these as the best self-study books) have all the tricks/ shortcuts that are taught in Manhattan Prep's classes/ courses?

I am aiming at 700+ in 2months (baseline - 570). I don't want to waste money on an online prep/ interact course just for the extra videos unless the books really don't have all the shortcuts. On the other hand, getting the 700+ score is a priority over money, so I do want to cover all my bases.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 am
Hi fragrance,

Since you've posted this in another Forum online, I've pasted over my response from there (I know that you've already answered my questions too, but I think you bring up an interesting discussion that other readers here might be interested in):

The problem you're describing actually happens to many Test Takers who use a "book heavy" study approach. Even the best books are limited in what they can teach you; they also can't force you to approach questions in a certain way and their explanations are often one-sided. Depending on your current ability level and your goal score, to make a big improvement you'll probably have to change your study approach. This will likely mean investing in some new Computer-based resources and learning (and practicing) new Tactics.

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]