Profile Eval- 690 GMAT, 3.87 GPA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Eval- 690 GMAT, 3.87 GPA

by MBAHopeful531 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:23 pm
Hi there!

I'd like to request a profile information for schools such as HBS/ Wharton/ Booth/ Kellogg:

Demographics: 25 year old Hispanic female.

"¢ 690 GMAT (43 Q/ 42 V)

"¢ Undergrad: 3.87 from Duke University in International Studies, Spanish, and a Certificate in Markets and Management.

"¢ Work experience: Worked at Burger King Corporation for 2 years. Started as a Management Trainee, worked in Marketing Analytics for Latin America. Quant heavy role involving forecasting sales, analyzing promotional performance, etc. Was promoted first in my class of 30 analysts to Marketing Manager in Central America. Led the marketing strategy for 10 countries in this region, spent 50% of my time in country. Led a turnaround plan for the Honduras market resulting in positive EBITDA for the first time in several years. Received the VIP award for my work here, awarded to just 3% of employees globally. After 2 years at Burger King, I left to join a tech startup as Director of Marketing, to explore my interests in tech and learn about startup. Have been here for about ~7 months.

"¢ Extracurriculars:
Undergrad: University editor of Duke student newspaper (wrote 2-3 articles per week for 2 years); Member of Duke Business Society; Recruitment Chair of my sorority. Study abroad in Madrid.

Current: Mentor inner-city high school students through LaunchU, the Junior League Chicago (women's service organization), avid runner, dancer, baker

"¢ Goal: To transition into international business strategy for a multinational company.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:22 am
some very interesting aspects to your candidacy, the only weakness appears to be the quant side of your GMAT. If you can retake that and improve, then I would say you should shoot for the moon, in terms of applications, if not, well you might still be able to gain admissions at the very top schools. Of course, I would wonder why you are leaving the startup after a shortish period of time, but as long as your story makes sense, and you can demonstrate impact wherever you have been, you are in good shape. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/