Profile Evaluation - GMAT 700

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - GMAT 700

by r_undevia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:19 am
Hi Team,

I am an Indian male, 25 years old, working and residing in Dubai, U.A.E.

EDUCATION:
Graduated with a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a GPA of 5.79/10 from a top 20 Tech University in India.
Gave the GMAT thrice (650, 650, 700). Cancelled the second score. The breakdown for my final test was Q49 V36 AWA5.5 IR6.

WORK EX:
I've worked with an Oil and Gas services and supplies firm as a Project Engineer for 3.5 years, during which I worked with clients from all over the Middle East. I traveled to Kurdistan, Iraq in 2014 (1 month) for a supply project and in 2015 (3 months) as a contractor (project engineer/manager), with 10 men working under me. Left the job in Jan '16.
Since then, I've been working in my family owned business, a retail hardware store, as a 24% investing partner, handling pretty much everything as it's a small company.

EXTRA CURRICULARS:
Have done 2 courses online from COURSERA, one in 2013, Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies from University of Maryland and one in 2015 Project Management Specialization, with a Capstone Project from University of California, Irvine.

I've done a bit of volunteer work in my spare time, but not enough to make it stand out in my profile.

I was a member of my high school and college basketball teams.

Love the outdoors, and have traveled quite a bit. Love playing sports and reading in my free time.

What I am looking for is a top MBA program, 2 year course, especially one with a good exchange program or semester, so I can travel and explore more. Location doesn't matter, but preferably someplace where I might have a higher chance of getting a job post graduation.
I know my GPA is low, what universities among the top 10-15 do I have a realistic chance to get in if I apply?

Thanks in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:18 am
it will be important for you to play up your experiences and international assignments, they will help set you apart. You will need to explain the decision to switch to your family business, and describe the overall impact you have been able to have. You will need to establish goals, post MBA, that make sense based on your background. This will be important, and should then help inform you as to which schools to apply.

Apply in Round 1. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/