REQUIREMENT OF WORK EXPERIENCE FOR MBA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello ,

I am Pavan Reddy, a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from Bengaluru, India.I am planning to pursue my MBA in USA/ Singapore in 2018/19 academic years. I have been working with a small scale company in the EPC sector for the past 6 months. I have got a job opportunity to work with an MNC.

At present I work as a Project Engineer where I am being groomed to handle projects in the Hygiene industry. The new job offer provides me with an opportunity to work on the fabrication shop floor.

My query is, whether it matters to the admission committee the background of the company i have worked for. Do they look into the quality of the work I have done in this small scale industry in India or does a person who has worked for an MNC hold an edge over me?

Answer to this would help me in taking a correct step towards my carrier goals.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank You

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm
some will argue that working for a company that is known to the admissions committee gives you an advantage, BUT the most important thing is the actual experience itself, choose the experience which will be most meaningful to you in terms of growth, and tieing to your goals and so forth. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/