How I topped GMAT--Best online course for GMAT

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:770
Hi to all.....!!!

This is my first post here. A story of my Failures and "A Win".....more like any fairy story which may have all failures and pitfalls....but ends on a happy note.

I am from Rural background from Rajasthan. My father is a farmer and my mom still thinks that New York and New Delhi are adjacent cities. IIT Days were good where you always feel that all are staring at you. But it was fun...I lost count of how many geek boyfriends I had....!!

But this story ismore about my failure story after IIT. I spent three years trying to get goodscore in CAT and GMAT.

My First Failure year

When most of the batch went for jobs, I decided to go for further studies. I enrolled for IMS Delhi. The class was nice, batch of 20 odd students. It was three months course where we were taught by teachers who used to look more confused than me. I ended up with CAT 84 percentile and GMAT score of 550. This is median score. I was dejected.

My Second Failure year

I searched for Online and offline courses. I enrolled in Career Launcher and couple of online courses. CL is a duplicate of IMS. I think all IMS teachers only teach in CL after completing their shift in IMS...Jokes apart....was also not very helpful. Online courses are more of recorded lectures or needless animations. My result also improved...GMAT 640 CAT 92.

My Final Third Year

This year I searched for any online course which should be interactive. I came to know that some of my friends got enrolled in 750+ batch in one philanthropic education company by the name EduShastra. This company runs very small batches of 5 or 7 students. And when I called them, they after some interaction, refused me. How can any coaching company refuse me...??.....I went to their office and met them. They took me in a regular batch, but after one month, I got promoted to 750+ batch of 7 students. I never felt comfortable with the teacher who used to ask questions after every concept. From IIT times, I am in the habit of half sleep syndrome (IITians understand what I am saying). My three months with them was not very happy days. But on the D-day I felt like a picnic.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by prata » Mon May 30, 2016 2:13 pm
Hi Suparna,

Congratulations on your GMAT score. Could you share its break up? Also do these classes conduct offline courses also or are they only online?

Thanks