MBA Profile Evaluation, Fall'17 admit, GMAT 740, 4 yr WorkEx

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I am a prospective MBA applicant for Fall'17 admits and would like an expert to review my profile. I have also attached my CV for your perusal.
Let me start with a few details about my profile -
25 yrs of age
Current Work Ex - 4 yrs Investment Banking domain
B.Tech Honors from Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad in Information Technology [2008 - 2012], CGPA: 8.81/10
GMAT ==> 740 [Q51, V40, IR8, AWA6]
CFA level 1 cleared, FRM level 1 cleared
Most Recent Work Ex details ==>
Barclays [2013-current] -> Equities Electronic Trading Business Development -> Part of the ten member global team responsible for growing the business of Barclays Electronic Offering --> Develop new ideas, products, and analytics tools for Buy-Side clients to help them improve their execution quality and minimize market impact for their orders. --> Enhance current Barclays' offerings like Dark Pool, Smart Order Router and Algo Suite by liaising with IT developer teams. --> Currently, manage a team of 2 people
Extra-curricular ==>
President, Audio Lights Club, IIIT-A, coordinated college fests, marketing campaigns and logistics arrangement
Placement Coordinator, IIIT-A, responsible for reaching out to prospective recruiters and get them on campus
Program Manager, responsible for starting a new vertical under the umbrella organization at Prayaas (Student volunteer organization for teaching underprivileged children)
Selected as Team Lead for exchange program to UK based schools under UKIERI funded by the British council
Research Paper ==>
Automatic Essay Grader, published in International Journal of Science, Management and Engineering

So, these were the major highlights in my profile.

Target college list:
Wharton, Haas, Kellogg (Aspirational)
NYU Stern, Ross, UCLA, Kenan Flagler, Tepper, Darden (Realistic)
Attachments
SunnyShukla_CV.docx
(27.47 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:07 pm
make sure that your goals are well developed, I also don't see anything here about current community service type activities ? Both will be influential in your success for the MBA application process, as will making sure that you apply in Round 1. Your credentials look solid and place you well with your realistic schools I think. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sundew » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:20 am
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Actually, I missed out adding my current work with MagicBus. I am the Lead Spock at Barclays for Magic Bus, and apart from interacting with youths and helping them with their employment search, I also organized programs to raise awareness and encourage volunteers from Barclays to participate in various "Youth Employ-ability" sessions. The program has been a huge success with over 40 volunteers enrolled (from a crowd of ~300) for weekday/weekend activities. I am also involved with "Sambhav Foundation" helping in rehabilitation of differently-abled children, though not in a leadership position here.

Do you feel that my list missed out on any other school that I should apply to based on my profile?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:47 pm
some cool stuff there. If you are passionate about the "differently-abled" activity, then seek out a leadership position. Depending on your goals, you list of schools seems solid. Columbia would come to mind perhaps. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/