USC Marshall Part Time - GMAT 560 (Q47,V21)

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

USC Marshall Part Time - GMAT 560 (Q47,V21)

by gmpavan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:23 pm
Hi,

Looking forward for some inputs. Appreciate your time and response.

I am a 32 year Indian male working in San Diego. I am planning to apply for USC Marshall MBA.PM(part time)
at the Orange County center.

1. Job/Experience -
Senior Lead Engineer in Mobile Semiconductor industry with 6.5 years of work experience. I work on critical mobile development projects that power most of the smart phones out in the market and interact with key customers to decide product requirements. I provide Technical leadership, drive tasks in the team and coordinate efforts of team members.

I have a strong track record and I am looking forward to my second promotion in few months from now. This is my second promotion in the past 3 years. I have received numerous awards for my contributions and smooth project execution.

2. Education -
Undergrad - BE (Bachelor of Engineering) in Computer Science(2005) - Visvesvaraya Technological University (India) - GPA 4.0.
Masters - MS in Computer Science (2009) - University of Texas at Arlington - GPA 3.9/4.0 . Was a honor roll candidate.

3. GMAT - is disappointing with a 560 (Q47,V21) score. I don't think this depicts my academic abilities but planning to retake if possible as I am juggling with other responsibilities. With a median GMAT of 610 I am seeing if I can make it through.

I am confident of my profile in the high-technology industry and am sure of getting great recommendations from my seniors.
After MBA, I would like to continue in Technology domain and move into product planning/management/strategy roles where I can leverage my Technical/Engineering expertise.

Thanks