gmat mock help

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

gmat mock help

by krishhxa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:40 am
Hi,

I have 17 days left for my gmat excluding 2 dayz just b4 the exam.Just want to know doing how many mocks wud be suffice.I have 9 mocks in hand ie 6 manhattan 1 gmat prep 1 veritas 1 kaplan..will doing only these be suffice..further from where should i practice in the dayz left in between provided i have done og 16 and magoosh practice questions..kindly guide i am an average person who got 510 in the 1st gmat mock taken. I aspire 680+ kindly guide...should i go ahead and buy 6 kaplan mocks aswell?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm
krishhxa wrote:Hi,

I have 17 days left for my gmat excluding 2 dayz just b4 the exam.Just want to know doing how many mocks wud be suffice.I have 9 mocks in hand ie 6 manhattan 1 gmat prep 1 veritas 1 kaplan..will doing only these be suffice..further from where should i practice in the dayz left in between provided i have done og 16 and magoosh practice questions..kindly guide i am an average person who got 510 in the 1st gmat mock taken. I aspire 680+ kindly guide...should i go ahead and buy 6 kaplan mocks aswell?
Hello,

I would recommend reposting this question in the more general forums on this site, as you will likely get a better response there. If you have any questions about the exam itself or our policies, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members

by [email protected] » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:54 pm
Hi krishxa,

You'll likely get more of a response if you post your questions in the general GMAT Strategy Forum here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-strategy-f3.html

As it stands, taking lots of practice CATs in such a short period of time is usually NOT helpful to a Test Takers performance. Your scores will improve by learning and practicing Tactics; the CATs, when used correctly, give you a way to measure your progress.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members

by MartyMurray » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 pm
Taking practice tests is only one aspect of preparing for the GMAT. While it may make sense to take a half dozen tests over the next few weeks before your test, really you need to analyze each test that you take to see what you needed to do more effectively in order to hit your score goal. Then you need to directly address what you found via your analysis.

For instance, if in looking over the quant section you see that you missed multiple geometry questions involving triangles, then probably you should work on triangle concepts and do practice questions involving triangles.

If in looking over the verbal section you see that you had trouble with critical reasoning inference questions, then you probably you should do some work specifically focused on that question type.

After doing that type of focused work you can expect to do better on the next practice test you take or on the real test. Likely just taking test after test will not accomplish much. So basically over the next 17 days, you are probably best off taking at most maybe five or six practice tests and spending the majority of your time analyzing the test results and doing focused studying and practicing based on those results.

For topic by topic focused quant practice you could sign up for a GMAT practice account here, https://bellcurves.com, and use the quant part of the question bank.

For verbal practice, and general quant practice, you could use this question bank. https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-question-bank/
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.