How to crack GMAT RC

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How to crack GMAT RC

by ayyappa.V » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:40 am
Hello :

Can any one help me in cracking RC , best Technics and Suggested books.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 am
When it comes to Reading Comprehension (RC), I don't believe that there's one specific approach that works best for everyone. I always recommend that students spend some time experimenting with different strategies to see which one best suits their memory, reading speed and English proficiency.

Having said that, when reading ANY Reading Comprehension (RC) passage, it's crucial that you engage 100% in the passage. So, rather than approach a new passage with dread ("I don't enjoy reading it at all"), try to feign interest ("Excellent! This passage is about stock market regulations in Peru!"). The better your engagement, the better the results.

You'll find additional tips to help you better engage with the passage in this free video: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... on?id=1123

If you're interested, we have a complete set of free videos covering all sorts of Reading Comprehension strategies: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... prehension

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:32 am
You might also consider some daily reading of articles from publishers who typically create GMAT-like content. Here are some suggestions.

For Science passages, try:
- New Scientist
- Nature
- National Geographic
- Popular Mechanics
- Scientific American

For Humanities/Social Sciences, try:
- Washington Post
- New York Times
- Guardian
- Atlantic Monthly
- The New Yorker

And for Business, try:
- Fast Company
- Newsweek Business
- The Harvard Business Review
- BusinessWeek
- Economist
- Financial Times

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Rich@EconomistGMAT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:13 am
Hi ayyappa.V,

Brent has made some really great suggestions here. We've found our students have had a lot of success with supplementing prep materials with outside reading. This is also a great way to see how professional writers follow rules of grammar, which is a great supplement to your sentence correction prep as well.

In any case, don't rely on outside reading alone. A combination of studying test prep strategies and outside reading is a great place to start your RC prep. To help get you started, here's a link to sign up for a free trial of Economist GMAT Tutor: https://bit.ly/1bPAHuW

Best of luck,
Rich

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by thang » Sun May 03, 2015 12:00 am
before how much to read is important , we need to know how to read

I fail gmat many years until I go to a basic english course, in which my teacher take a passage from nytimes, create an error in each line and make us to find out the error. this process makes us analize the sentence structure to find the error. This is the process of reading.

this is simple and basic but is fatal to RC gmat.

rc gmat test ability to read, but no expert talk of this ability. all of us only discuss the question.

how to read the passaage with easy is the key, not how to answer the questions.
looking for the girl living in Bradford UK, visiting Halong bay, Vietnam on 26- 27 Jan 2014. all persons, pls, forward this message to all persons you know to help me find her: my email: [email protected], call: 84904812758